It’s been a little over a month (going on 2 months now) since my 3rd big chop and my regimen since has been super simple. I rarely manipulate my hair and it has grown so much already. I’ve been wearing a wig daily, but i wanted to document what I use on my actual hair. I must mention that I do not moisturize and seal daily…more like on wash day only.
1. Jamaican Black Castor Oil with Rosemary – I found this at Sally Beauty Supply and it was the last one so I snatched it up. I use it on my edges occasionally.
2. Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus CoWash – I didn’t bring my cowash from home because I planned on buying a cheap Suave conditioner. I couldn’t find the one I like, so I purchased this instead. I co-wash once a week, usually on the weekend.
3. Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave In – This was a staple when I was relaxed and I have a lot left so I’m trying to use it up. I like it on my natural hair too.
5. Satin Bonnet – A must for bed.
6. Silk Elements Liquid Styling Gel – I actually got this for free when I purchased the JBCO from Sally’s. This stuff is really moisturizing!
7. Shampoo Brush – I use this to detangle my hair on wash days.
So my regimen is to co-wash, apply leave-in, moisturize/seal, and apply gel since it has extra moisturizing properties. I sleep with my satin bonnet each night and I don’t use anything on my hair during the week – I simply plop my wig on and go.
The products will definitely change as I use things up and the regimen will change as my hair gets longer, but this is it for now.