All summer I was rockin’ two strand twist extensions and while convenient, they have had a huge effect on my hair. I went to the African shop a few weeks ago to get them removed and I literally cried in the chair. The woman was raking a fine tooth comb through my hair! Then had the nerve to ask if I was ok!
I put a relaxer in my hair a week later and tonight was my first wash after the relaxer. My hair is not as soft as it used to be. I used to be able to blow dry it and have it move freely. Tonight when I blow dried it, it was stiff. I wrapped it up and will flat iron in the morning, but I am really concerned about getting my healthy hair back. I nursed it to health once before and I am confident I can do it again.
What worked before?
- Using KeraCare shampoo and conditioner
- Pre-poo with Aphogee two minute reconstructor
- Blow dry and flat iron weekly
- Using a heat protectant
What did not work:
- Rollersetting each week
- Pre-Poo with Aphogee two minute reconstructor
- Shampoo with Optimum Care shampoo sample
- Condition with CD Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie
- Phyto Leave-In, Rusk Smoother Leave In, Generic PM Super Skinny serum
- Blow dry, then apply ORS Hair Fertilizer to scalp and lightly to hair
- Wrap hair and apply Mizani Shyne
The ORS Hair Fertilizer is actually a pretty good product so far. I received two samples of it and have had no problems. It is not heavy or greasy. It does not leave any buildup on my hair or does it leave a funky smell. I might have to keep this item in mind once I am done with my other hair moisturizers.